This new Icom ID-50E Dual Band D-STAR Digital Transceiver
is the little brother of the Icom ID-52E. It is a compact VHF/UHF dual bander with D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) and FM dual modes.
Connecting to the Digital network with your ID-50E, you can call a friend in another city or other regions worldwide. Smart functions in this radio also include Band Scope and Picture Sharing function to enhance your QSO experience.
DR (D-STAR Repeater) Function
The DR function makes communication using D-STAR repeaters easier and simpler. Selecting “FROM”(access repeater) and “TO” (destination), you can make QSO calls including Local Area call, Gateway call, and Simplex call. Combined with the GPS function, you can make selection of a local repeater available based on your location. In addition, the DR function supports reflector linking controls.
Picture Sharing Function with the ST-ID50A/W picture utility software
You can share pictures with each other in DV mode. Photos on your Android™ device can be edited and shared on the ST-ID50A picture utility software. Utilising windows PC through a microSD card or a USB cable is also available with the ST-ID50W. It is also possible to check your pictures on the ID-50E display before sending it to others. Enjoy sharing pictures together with voice messages.
* Share Picture function requires the optional ST-ID50A picture utility software (on Google Play™) or ST-ID50W (Download from Icom website) and user supplied USB Type-C/USB Type-C cable.
Terminal Mode and Access Point Mode
Connect the ID-50E to the Internet through a Windows PC or an Android device. The Internet gateway (using Terminal mode and Access Point mode) enables you to access the D-STAR repeater network, even from areas where no D-STAR repeater is directly accessible via radio.
Band Scope with Waterfall display
- The RS-MS3W optional software (Download from Icom website) and user supplied USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable are required for Access Point mode. The RS-MS3A optional application software (Download on Google Play™) and user supplied USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable are required for Terminal mode.
- Terminal and Access Point modes are compatible with the Icom RS-RP3 Gateway Software. If your D-STAR repeater is running G1 or G2 software, ask the repeater administrator to contact the local Icom Distributor to upgrade the software.
- You need an Internet connection with an IPv4 Global IP address. If you use a cellular system, you need an IPv4 Global IP address assigned to your Android™ device.
The Band Scope with Waterfall display helps you to see band conditions in more detail and find active channels or an open frequency. The Waterfall display shows the presence or absence of signals and even the signal level. The Band Scope mode is selectable for Center, Fixed, and Fixed Scroll modes.
D-STAR Text Messaging
By installing RS-MS1A App on your Android™ device, you can easily send text messages using your device’s keyboard. Also with the RS-MS1A, you can remotely control the transceiver operation and set various functions from your Android™ device.
IPX7 Waterproof and Tough Construction
The ID-50E features superior IPX7* waterproofing and commercial grade construction. You can enjoy outdoor activities with it even in harsh environments.
*1 m depth of water for 30 minutes.
The Dualwatch function* monitors the VHF/VHF, VHF/UHF and UHF/UHF bands simultaneously. You can quickly respond to a call from the Main and Sub bands.
* DV/DV mode cannot be listened at the same time.
VHF Airband and FM Broadcast Receiver
FM broadcast and Airband can be listened to. You can enjoy receiving a variety of channels.
MicroSD Card Slot
You can store QSO Recording, TX Voice Memory, pictures, QSOs and GPS log data. Firmware upgrades, Repeater lists and other personal settings onto a microSD card (up to 32 GB). This can then be uploaded into your ID-50E.
Find Nearby Repeaters at a New Location
With the built-in GPS, your location and current Grid Square information can be checked by other stations. You can check the distance to other stations as well. The GPS position data can be used for Position Auto Reply, Near Repeater Search, and GPS log functions.
Charging with a USB type-C™ Connector
The ID-50E has a USB type-C™ port which is widely used in the industry. It is a multi-function USB port for charging as well as PC programming, read/write contents to the microSD card, Terminal/Access Point mode support, and CI-V control.
*Use a user-supplied USB cable for charging. USB PD is not supported.
Shares same options as ID-52/ID-51/ID-31 Series
Some optional accessories for the ID-52/ID-51/ID-31 series transceivers can be used for the ID-50E. Moreover, the large capacity BP-307 battery pack, from the IC-705 is compatible with ID-50E as well.
*Battery packs only from IC-705
User-friendly Menu Icons
Large icons are adopted on the Menu display. It supports quick recognition and smooth operation.
High Visible LCD with Backlight Function
The ID-50E's large full dot LCD shows graphical information with easy-to-read characters and icons. Both main and sub frequencies can be displayed at the same time. In addition, the LCD backlight helps you to use in the dark.
750 mW Loud Audio Output Power
Built-in 750mW powerful audio output. The internal speaker provides loud and clear audio.
- BP-272 (supplied): 8 hours
- BP-307 (option): 12.5 hours
* Approximate. Tx: Rx: standby = 1:1:8. Power save function ON. GPS OFF.
- DV fast data mode uses data in place of voice frames
- Voice Recorder function
- QSO Logs in CSV Data Format
- External DC power jack
The most important differences with his big brother ID-52E are:
- Monochrome LCD display instead of color display
- No Bluetooth®
- 500 memories instead of 1000
- More compact dimensions
- Reception airband only VHF instead of VHF/UHF
Download the brochure for additional information.
The Icom ID-50E is supplied with:
- Battery Pack BP-272 (7,4 V/1880 mAh)
- Antenna FA-S270C (SMA-Male connector)
- Wall charger BC-167SD
- Belt clip MB-127
- Hand strap
- Manual English/German/Spanish/French/Italian
Dimensions and weight are including packaging
||L21,5 x D20 x H8 cm