All-mode base transceiver
Icom IC-7410 HF/6 m Base Station Transceiver
The IC-7410 from Icom has been designed as a specialised HF/6 m transceiver sporting excellent performance and features. The IC-7410 employs a high grade DSP unit and double conversion super-heterodyne system developed from the latest technology found in higher grade Icom rigs including the IC-7600, IC-7700 and IC-7800 series. In addition, the IC-7410 has a built-in 15kHz 1st IF filter and can accept up to two optional filters (3kHz/6kHz). When operated with these 1st IF filters, narrow mode signals such as the CW and SSB modes are protected from adjacent and unwanted strong signal interference.
Faster DSP unit and in-house DSP expertise
The IC-7410 employs a high speed DSP unit. The AD/DA converter AK4620B allows for a high dynamic range and superior S/N ratio.
Double-conversion superheterodyne dramatically improves inband IMD
The IC-7410 employs a double conversion superheterodyne system which has an image rejection mixer for the 2nd mixer stage. When compared to a typical triple-conversion system, the double- conversion system dramatically reduces signal distortion and provides a high-fidelity RF signal to the DSP processor.
+30dBm third-order intercept point (IP3) in 14MHz
Icom’s analogue RF circuit experience combined with the latest DSP software technology results in +30dBm IP3, equivalent to the IC-7600. Even in tough RF conditions, a weak signal can be clearly received by the IC-7410.
Three first IF filters (3/6/15kHz)
The IC-7410 comes with a built-in 15kHz 1st IF filter and can accept up to two optional filters (3kHz FL-431 and 6kHz FL-430). By changing the first IF filter width according to the operating mode, the desired signal is protected from the influence of nearby strong stations. The 3kHz first IF filter is especially effective in the CW and SSB modes. (Fixed for 15kHz in FM mode.)
High frequency stability
A high stability TCXO crystal oscillator provides ±0.5ppm of high frequency stability over a wide temperature range (0°C to +50°C). This allows for a long stable operating time in modes such as RTTY.
Large, Multi-function LCD
The large multifunction LCD shows frequency, 9-character channel name, channel number, multi functional meter (includes S-meter, RF output, SWR and ALC level). The dot-matrix portion of the LCD shows the following items:
• Channel name • Function key assignment • Band scope • RTTY decoder screen • Memory keyer contents • Graphical SWR scale
Simple band scope
The built-in simple band scope shows the band condition at a glance and is handy for searching for active stations.
RTTY demodulator and decoder
The built-in RTTY demodulator and decoder allow you to instantly read an RTTY message on the display. No external units or PC required. The built-in tuning indicator visually helps in critical tuning.
Ample CW functions
All of the following CW capabilities are included in the IC-7410:
- Large CW PITCH knob and independent BK-IN (break-in) delay knob improve operating efficiency
- CW wave form controlled by the DSP
- 4 keyer channels with 70 characters of transmit memory per channel
- Multi-function electronic keyer with adjustable keying speed from 6–48 wpm, dot-dash ratio from 1:1:2.8 to 1:1:4.5 and paddle polarity
- Bug keyer and full break-in function
- Continuously adjustable CW pitch control from 300–900Hz
- Double key jacks (Front and rear panels)
- CW reverse
Built-in antenna tuner
The internal antenna tuner covers 1.9MHz to 50MHz and automatically tunes for low SWR. Variable capacitors provide higher accuracy than a typical mechanical relay tuner. Once you transmit on a frequency, the tuner can instantly retune the frequency using its built-in memory.
USB connector for PC control
The IC-7410 has a standard type B USB connector and can be connected to a PC. Modulation input, audio output, RTTY demodulator output and CIV command can be controlled via the USB cable. Also, the conventional CI-V remote control jack is built in to the IC-7410.
Large heat sink
The IC-7410 features a large heat sink improves heat dissipation. Even during long hours of heavy-duty cycle operation, the IC-7410 provides stable output power.
Other outstanding features
- Built-in voice synthesizer announces operating frequency, mode and S-meter level
- User programmable band edge beep (Can be disabled)
- VSC (Voice Squelch Control) function
- RF speech compressor
- Microphone equalizer and adjustable transmit bandwidth
- Two preamplifier types:
- Preamp 1: Increases low level signal improving intermodulation characteristics,
- Preamp 2: High gain preamplifier
- 20dB built-in attenuator
- Audio equalizer function
- CTCSS and DTCS tone encoder and decoder
- Triple band stacking register • Quick split function and frequency lock function
- RIT and Tx variable up to ±9.999kHz
- SSB/CW synchronous tuning automatically shifts the carrier point when switching between CW and LSB/USB modes
- 1Hz pitch tuning and display
- Program scan, memory scan, select memory scan, mode select scan and ?f scan
- Automatic tuning steps
- AH-4 control circuit
- Large independent MIC/RF power and Notch knobs
- +30dBm 3rd order intercept point (in 14MHz band)
- Double conversion superheterodyne system improves inband IMD characteristics
- 32-bit floating point DSP unit
- Built-in 15kHz first IF filter and optional 3kHz and 6kHz first IF filters
- Large monochrome LCD display
- ±0.5ppm frequency stability
- Built-in simple band scope
- Built-in automatic antenna tuner
- All mode (SSB/CW/RTTY/AM/FM)