The new MFJ 1848
Hex Beam from MFJ delivers solid gain and directivity on 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10, and 6 Meters in a low-profile package that will have your pocketbook and your neighbors smiling!
The MFJ 1848 uses an updated G3TXQ element configuration for excellent gain, improved bandwidth, superior front-to-back ratio and low SWR -- makes snagging rare DX easy!
That`s just the beginning! MFJ takes the HexBeam`s unique balanced-tension framework to a new level with rugged mounting hardware, exceptionally durable spreaders and sliding antenna-wire guides -- all designed to ensure years of reliable service in tough weather conditions. Gain and directivity makes the difference when DXing or maintaining schedules and the HexBeam delivers!
Hexbeams are expensive to manufacture. MFJ`s massive purchasing power and extensive manufacturing capability gives you more HexBeam for less money than others!
Some Outstanding MFJ 1848 Features
- Lightweight -- mounts on a TV mast, tripod, gable mount, or even chimney straps
- Solid Construction -- gives years of reliable service
- Proven directivity and gain from a time-tested design
- Rotates with an inexpensive rotor -- only 3.5 square-feet of wind loading
- Handles maximum legal power, all modes, all six bands
- Delivers full-band coverage without a tuner
- Great for contesting, QSY instantly among all six bands
- Just one coax feed, a real convenience and cost saver
- Sky-gray spreaders disappear against most backgrounds
- Small footprint -- 14-foot turning radius fits cramped spaces
- Symmetrical footprint -- stays balanced when coated with ice and snow
|Gain|| : ||5,3 dBi in free space (more over ground)|
|Front-to-back ratio|| : ||15-20 dB typical|
|Turning Radius|| : ||4,27 m.|
|Wind Loading Surface|| : ||0,33 m2|
|Maximum Mast Size|| : ||ø 50 mm|
|Power|| : ||Max. 1500 W PEP (SSB), ICAS (<50% TX)|
|Weight|| : ||12,7 kgs|
Download manual for detailed information.
Dimensions and weight are including packaging
||L196 x B33 x H18 cm