HF autotuner 12-1600 Ohm | max. 1500 W SSB | Remote
Temporarily sold out
MFJ's exclusive InstantRecallTM, IntelliTuneTM and AdaptiveSearchTM algorithms give you fast automatic
tuning with more than 20,000 non-volatile Virtual Antenna memories. Each of the two antenna banks has
four banks of memory; and each memory bank has over 2500 non-volatile memories for tuner settings.
The banks allow you to save settings for several antennas giving you the flexibility to move the a tuner
between antennas or move to different locations without loosing the old settings.
The tuner includes a highly efficient switched-L network with wide matching capability, 1.8 to 30 MHz
coverage, backlit LCD display, and heavy-duty 16 amp/1000 volt relays. It is rated at 1500 watts SSB/CW
and will match impedances from 12 to 1600 ohms (SWR up to 32:1).
A maximum of 256 values of inductance and 256 values of input capacitance or 64 values of output
capacitance are available. This provides a total of 81,920 L/C tuning combinations. The nominal tuning
ranges are 0 to 24 µH and 0 to 3900 pF. And once a match is found, the matching network values can be
displayed so you may design your own fixed matching network if desired.
Like all MFJ IntelliTuners, the MFJ-998RT learns and remembers. When you transmit, it automatically
adjusts for minimum SWR and remembers the frequency and tuner settings, safely stored in non-volatile
memory. The next time you operate on that frequency (or close to it) and antenna, these tuner settings
are instantly restored and you’re ready to operate in milliseconds.
When you key your transmitter, MFJ’s InstantRecall checks its memory to see if you have operated on
that frequency before. If so, tuning is instantaneous and you’re ready to operate. If not, MFJ’s IntelliTuneTM
algorithm (based on MFJ’s famous SWR Analyzer technology) kicks in. It measures the complex
impedance of your antenna. Next it calculates the components needed and instantly snaps them in.
Finally, it fine-tunes to minimize SWR, and you’re ready to operate--all in a fraction of a second.
- Automatically matches antennas from 12 to 1600 ohms impedance (SWR up to 32:1)
- Handles 1500 watts SSB/CW
- Tune in less than 20 seconds, usually less than 5 seconds
- Over 20,000 non-volatile memories for tuner settings
- Eight memory banks with over 2500 memories per bank
- Highly efficient switched–L network matching circuit
- 1.8 to 30 MHz continuous frequency coverage
- Adjustable target SWR from 1.0 to 2.0
- Adjustable SWR threshold from 0.5 to 1.5
- Multifunction backlit LCD display with contrast control for testing and setup
- Numeric readings for SWR, forward and reflected power for testing and setup
- Bar meters for SWR, forward and reflected power with range options for testing and setup
- Audio SWR meter for testing and setup
- Built-in frequency counter for testing and setup
- Direct read-out of matching L/C values available after tuning for testing and setup
- Impedance matching range: 12 to 1600 ohms
- SWR matching range: up to 4:1 for < 50 ohms and up to 32:1 for > 50 ohms
- Minimum power for tuning: 5 watts
- Maximum power while tuning: 100 watts with foldback, 20 watts without foldback
- RF power limit: 1500 watts SSB/CW
- Frequency range: 1.8 to 30 MHz continuous coverage
- Frequency counter accuracy: ±1 kHz across HF bands
- Capacitance range: 0 to 3926 pF nominal (256 values) on input side 0 to 976 pF nominal (64 values) on output side
- Inductance range: 0 to 24.28 µH nominal (256 values)
- Relay rating: 16 amp 1000 volts
- Relay electrical life: 100,000 operations
- Relay mechanical life: 10 million operations
- Memory endurance: 1 million erase/write cycles
- Memory data retention: > 200 years
- Power requirements: 12 - 15 volts DC, 2.1 × 5.5 mm coaxial plug, center pin positive
- Current consumption: 1.4 amps or less
- Dimensions (approx.): W 235 x H 77 x D 362 mm
- Weight (approx.): 9 lb. 8 oz. (4.3 kg)
- Operating Temperature -40 to +160 degrees F