mobile no tune Solid State Amplifier
- Uses four rugged 2SC2879 high power linear RF power transistors
- Instant bandswitching, no tuning, no warm up - just turn on and operate - makes mobile QSOs safer
- Very Compact - Just 3 1/2 x 9 x 15 Inches - fits in nearly any mobile installation; weighs only 7 pounds.
- Extremely quiet - quiet low speed, low volume fan stays off and silent until temperature rises
- Load Fault Protection - disables and bypasses amplifier if antenna has excessively high reflected power or if bandswitching is set lower than exciter frequency - virtually eliminates damage because of operating error; has Load Fault LED indicator
--Thermal Overload Protection -- disables and bypasses amplifier if temperature is excessively high; automatically resets when temp drop to safe level Thermal Overload LED indicator.
- Excellent harmonic suppression - multiple section output network, push-pull output circuit has excellent harmonic suppression
- DC current meter lets you monitor collector current
- ON/OFF Switch - bypasses amplifier for "barefoot" operation without having to disconnect high current power supply cables
- Remote ON/OFF Control - lets you remote control ON/OFF function for out-of-the-way mounting of amplifier
- Exciter Drive - less than 100 watts input gives full output
- Output Power - 500 watts PEP, 400 Watts CW
Power Supply Requirements
|Power output|| : ||500 W PEP/400 W CW|
|Power input|| : ||60-100 W PEP|
|Frequency range|| : ||10-160 m., incl. WARC|
|Power transistors|| : ||4 x 2SC2879|
|Dimensions|| : ||B 226 x D 394 x H 96 cm|
|Weight|| : ||3,5 kg|
requires 14 VDC at 80 amperes peak current for PA transistors and separate line for 14 - 16 VDC at 4 amperes for control and bias circuits.